We intend to uplift the quality of research and make the Institute research focused. In order to aid us in this endeavor we are in the process of creating linkages with world class Research Institutions/Organisations.
Students are provided 3 opportunities in workplace learning: Social Business, Summer Internship and Live projects; Other forms of industry exposure include: Industry Visits; Interaction with senior industry professionals; Specific niche industry relevant skills’ courses.
DBIMR does not just intend to groom managers that are capable of confidently handling the rigors of the corporate world, but also intends to develop individuals who can handle any of the challenges that life throws at them. In the quest for this we have conducted a course on Thinking Skills, facilitated by a group of young IIT-IIM graduates who know the realities of the market place. We plan to offer Yoga and Salsa classes to students who wish to de-stress in that particular way. We offer a unique Outbound Program conducted at our sprawling Karjat facility which enables students to become aware of not only themselves, others but also nature and how we need to preserve it. In keeping with the Don Bosco credo of holistic growth, DBIMR also encourages sporting activities and has provided facilities for all sorts of indoor and outdoor playing facilities.
To sensitize students to the deprived segments of society and encourage them to think of business solutions for social issues, students work with social businesses and conduct a yearly event viz. Social Business Summit.
To enhance their learning ability and increase their competencies, students are taught the basics of certain vocational skills viz. electrical, electronics and automobile.
- Assessment Tests to understand competencies and personality profile
- English speaking, Grooming, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills.
- Panel Interviews and GD’s conducted by industry professionals.
- ‘Acing’ sessions for sharpening concepts and ‘Whats on’ sessions for current affairs.
Centre of Excellence :
- An Incubation Cell has been set up which is part of “The Centre of excellence”.
- Encourage Social Business Entrepreneurship Initiatives, build capacities of NGOs and empower the disadvantaged with new emerging vocational skills.
The incubation cell encourages students to create social businesses. They are mentored by reputed professionals. The Centre for Social Change also organizes empowerment programs for social businesses and NGOs. The Centre for Social Change acts as a facilitator in the skills development of underpriviledged segments of society.
- To expose the students to an industry environment.
- Students taken to companies like Godrej , "Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City" and Bisleri where sharing of various aspects of business were imparted and relevant learning thus encouraged.
- For holistic development and creating an environment consciousness.
- In a concrete jungle the interconnectedness with nature is lost. We need to rejuvenate ourselves by getting in touch with our roots. We take our students to an outdoor location where they get in touch with themselves and others so that they become more effective human beings. Our students are brought to "Don Bosco Yuva Pratishthan", Karjat under the NSS program of University of Mumbai.
- They are exposed to workshops, sessions focused on developing their thinking skills, team building skills, communication skills, and other personality development facets. They are also made aware of the environment and how one needs to sustain it.
Workshops and Seminars:
- Workshops and seminars conducted to enhance skills and increase exposure to the world of industry.
- To widen the student's perspective, sessions on "Mythology and Management" & "Literature and Management" have been conducted.
- Students learn "Thinking Skills"
- Guest lecturers from industry interact on regular basis enlightening the students on what are the current best practices.