Q.1 What are the various courses offered in DBIT-MMS?
DBIT-MMS offers a two year Full Time Postgraduate Master of Management Studies degree by University of Mumbai.
Q.2. What is the DTE Code of the Institute?
MB 3208 Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Q.3 What are the Entrance Exams for admission to MMS?
For Maharashtra Candidates :
- MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2018
For Other Than Maharashtra (OMS) Candidates :
- CAT (Conducted by IIMs)
- GMAT(Conducted by GMAC, USA)
- CMAT (Conducted by AICTE)
- MAT(Conducted by AIMA)
- XAT (Conducted by XLRI)
- ATMA (Conducted by AIMS)
Q.4 What is the sanctioned number of seats for MMS in your institute?
The sanctioned seats of MMS is 60 and the break up is:
- CAP Round :
- Roman Catholic Minority – 31 seats
- Non-Minority – 17 seats
- Institute Level seats - 12
(Candidates can apply for CAP round seats and Institute level seats )
Q.5 What is the choice code of your institution if I would like to select your Institute through CAP round?
Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Q.6 What is the fee structure?
Fees for the year 2018-19 is Rs.1,51,500/-
Exam / Mumbai University Charges – Rs.11,271/-
Refundable Deposit – Rs.11,000/-
Fees are applicable as fixed by Fees Regulating Authority.
Q.7 What is the eligibility criteria for MMS?
Passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA in any recognised Bachelor’s degree.
Eg. : B.M.S. degree – min. 50% marks of Aggregate of Sem. I, II, III, IV, V & VI
(Check further eligibility criteria on www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in)
Q.8 What is the admission process?
Pl. check on the Director of Technical Education website ie www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
Q.9 What is the fees for Information Brochure?
Q.10 What original / zerox documents are to be submitted at the time of confirmation of admission?
Original documents along with 2 attested copies as given below
- FC acknowledge receipt
- Final Merit No. Status
- Entrance exam Score Card
- Statement of marks of Std. X & XII examinations
- Statement of marks of all semesters of Bachelor’s Degree Examination (i.e. the Qualifying Degree Examination). Except last semester results are to be declared.
- Convocation Degree Certificate/ Passing Certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Proof of Indian nationality (Birth certificate/ domicile certificate)
- College Leaving/ Transference Certificate from the college last attended by the Student (to be submitted within 15 days)
- Gap Certificate, if applicable.
- Certificate of Work Experience/ Achievement/ Award etc.
- Physical/ Medical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner
- Two Passport size colour photographs
- Copy of Adhar card
Additional documents :
- For Minority candidates :
- Domicile certificate of the candidate
- Proof of Christian Roman Catholic Minority status – Declaration of the Candidate for Roman Catholic Minority community or LC having information pertaining to religion.
- For Students passing qualifying examination from other than University of Mumbai :
- Eligibility certificate from the University of Mumbai
- Migration certificate from last attended University(to be submitted within 15 days)
- Validity / verification report from last attended University
Q.11 When do classes begin?
Commencement of class will be announced on our website.
Q.12 What about the faculty for the course?
We are fortunate to have good regular faculty and visiting professors who have 10-30 years of experience from IIM(B), IIM(A), IIT-school of management, S. P. Jain, JBIMS, K. J. Somaiya, engaged in consulting, corporate trainers, associated with various management bodies like National HRD Network, Bombay Management Association, Computer Society of India and many more.
Q.13 What specializations are offered in MMS?
Marketing, Finance, HRM, Operation and Systems
Q.14 How are the placements?
We have full time professional placement officer with relevant experience. Placement assistance is given to our students for final and summer placements. We get more than 100 corporate profiles for our students. Our students have been placed in companies like Nomura, CMIE, Godrej & Boyce, Pepsi Co, Nestle India, Axis Bank, Larsen & Toubro, Novartis, Citibank, Zee TV, Virtual, Saint Gobain, Vivo mobiles, ITC Ltd., SS & C GlobeOp, Motilal oswal, Reliance Mutual fund, Asit C Mehta, ICICI Securities, Indusind Bank, HDFC Bank, Asian Paints, A C Nielsen and many more. The average annual salary is Rs 4.0 Lakhs.